I’m trying to figure out how to install the new engine switches I’d purchased for $76 from Torresen Marine back in July 2012. I still need to replace the existing deteriorating ones. The original panel is long gone. The boatyard shop I’d relied on for advice back in 2001 had, over time, taken the panel out, … read more
I finished sewing the final v-berth cushion and took it to the boat today. I fitted it inside the forward cabin and it finishes the space nicely. This is the first time this cabin has had bunk cushions installed since I’d removed and discarded the vinyl ones that were original to this cabin. I also … read more
The port v-berth bunk cushion is finished and installed inside the boat. Covering this cushion was far more challenging than the saloon settee cushions were. There are so many angles in the forward cabin. The biggest issue had to do with forming the cushion cover around the water tank inlet hose. I finally got it … read more
The starboard settee cushion is completed. I sewed it with my Sailrite Apprentice machine and finished it this afternoon. I quickly took it to the boat.
I’ve started the work of finishing off the starboard saloon settee. I had retrieved all the foam I’d bought new 13 years ago, which I’d kept safely in storage. With the v-berth foam ready to cover, I decided to first finish the saloon, which already has a completed bunk cushion on the port side. I took … read more
I’ve been making the final cuts in the foam for the remaining un-upholstered bunks in the boat. I have the starboard settee bunk foam fitted I’ve been using an electric kitchen knife to cut the foam and it’s been a perfect tool.
I have both shelves for the forward cabin. The starboard shelf doesn’t need much work. The port side shelf is another matter. It’s untouched since being removed from that side before the new head bulkhead was installed. Lots of rot at the aft end, and some rebuilding needed.