I finally finished sanding and varnishing the two cam cleat bases recently.

the bases ready to install

the bases ready to install

With several coats of varnish on the cockpit coamings, I attached the bases. Additional varnish on the coamings will include these bases.

the starboard base attached to the coaming the port base attached to the coaming

I had filled all the holes last year that the cabinetmaker had incorrectly drilled for the cam cleats. Now I needed to drill the right holes for installing the cam cleats. I had all the original 1/4-inch bolts and given their good shape, I used them. I didn’t screw it up. This wrapped up really well.

starboard cam cleat in port cam cleat in

Those winches need to be serviced.

progress on the doghouse

progress on the doghouse