I’ve completed the fitting of the starboard forward grab rail. I’ve given up on trying to remove the pen marks for now. They don’t sand out.

this one is ready to plug

this one is ready to plug

I’ve cut down the port side rail to fit the forward space. I’ve made a cutout for the bottom of the portlight, and an additional wedge for the portlight hanger.

with the port closed with the port open

My first cut was too long, and my second cut was too short. I intend to fill in the gap at the bulkhead with a scrap of the rail. I also need to drill for the fasteners, something that hadn’t yet been done.