Back in November before winter weather hit I did a little more fairing on the saloon overhead inside the boat. Over the course of the past month I’ve been working almost entirely on the overhead project in the main saloon. The weather hasn’t allowed for much else. Cold and rainy. Last month we had 8-1/2 inches of rainfall … read more
I’ve finished filling all the edge seams with thickened epoxy. I’ve done this not only in the main saloon, but also in the head compartment and the forward doghouse hatch area.
I’ve finished filling all the overhead corner seams with 405 epoxy filler. It’s pretty cool the way the color blends in with the paneling. This is where I’d left off after the work last year of getting the forward most headliner somewhat ready for re-installation of the dragons. I’d done a lot of fairing and … read more
With a rare sunny day at hand I’ve started tackling the painting of the bunk boards that fit on the bunks in the forward cabin. These are the two aft-most boards for both the starboard and port bunks. I’ve first sanded these with 80, then 120 grit. Then I applied a primer coat. I need to drill … read more
I’ve finally plugged the holes at the aft outer corners of the saloon, which had been left unplugged since the new corner posts were installed over 14 years ago. There are three holes to plug in each post. I bought 1/2-inch teak plugs for this, but found that the bottom hole on the starboard post was … read more
This boat has always had a dearth of mooring cleats. The only cleats original to the boat are for running rigging and have been very awkward to use for tying the boat to dock. Back in August of 2007 I’d bought a mid-rail cleat and installed it on the port rail. I can’t remember who I’d bought it … read more